Welcome to Lighttpd¶
- Table of contents
- Welcome to Lighttpd
- New Releases
lighttpd is a secure, fast, compliant, and very flexible web-server that has been optimized for high-performance environments. It has a very low memory footprint compared to other webservers and takes care of cpu-load. Its advanced feature-set (FastCGI, CGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) make lighttpd the perfect webserver-software for every server that suffers load problems.
For more info go to https://www.lighttpd.net/
We have nothing to hide, so please use our bugtracker for all kinds of bugs you find (hopefully not too much :-)), if you feel you shouldn´t make it public you can also mail to: security (at) lighttpd (dot) net.
- 1.4.49: 2018-03-11 - mod_proxy: basic support for HTTP CONNECT
- Configuration Documentation
- IRC: freenode, channel #lighttpd
- CodeSnippets: lighttpd section from CodeSnippets
- Lighttpd related tips, howtos from the nixCraft
- Lighttpd related tips, howtos from HowtoForge
- Other code contributions, extensions and useful tools
- Abso lua tion, or the power of Lighttpd + Lua: code-snippets, link-collection, small helpers or solutions
- syntax file for vim
- A brief tutorial on Lighttpd MySQL Vhosts
- Monitoring Lighttpd with Munin - PyMunin is a python module for developing Multigraph Monitoring Plugins for Munin and includes a plugin for Lighttpd.
- Lighty's life
- Developing lighty
- Git access to development code
- How to Report a Bug
- Debug Variables for Configuration File
- PoweredByLighttpd - a list of large sites running lighttpd
- Simplify Your Configfiles with Includes
- Optimizing Lighty for high Concurrent Large File Downloads
- Graceful Shutdown meets Graceful Restart
- Promotional Artwork
Benchmarks¶Never trust us when we say that lighttpd is fast. Do your own benchmarks and feel for yourself how everything gets faster. If you just want to see some numbers, take a look at our benchmarks:
- our very own web-server shootout https://www.lighttpd.net/benchmark/
- Apache is sometimes better http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2005/06/24/debunking-lighttpd
This wiki is open for everyone to provide help, grow and improve!
Updated by gstrauss about 1 month ago · 59 revisions