Powered By lighttpd¶
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day.
If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Please include traffic (requests/s) details.
- you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here.
- include the req/s or req/day you get and put yourself into the corresponding category.
- add yourself in alphabetic order based on the domain name (without www.).
- don't disguise your server-tag, say yes to lighty! :-)
- do NOT make it sound like advertising, keep it technical
more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)¶
- https://api.alitools.io/ - API for assistant on AliExpress, use Lighttpd (mod_proxy+balancing) (> 500 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS)
- https://domainparking.ru/ - Domain parking service (4% of all domains RUNet), use Lighttpd + PHP-FPM (> 350 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS)
- http://www.gesichterparty.de - German community, 250,000 users. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
- http://www.olhares.com/ - Photographers online community using lighttpd as a standalone image server with 150-300 req/s.
- http://www.phpbb8.de/ - Huge german free forum hosting system, with more than 20,000 hosting forums. (>200req/s, 7 MB/s, Lighttpd on Debian 5)
- https://www.pricearchive.org - Back-end for Belarusian shopping service with the largest database of AliExpress goods. Use Lighttpd on CentOS 7. (~600 req/s in hours with maximum load, 1Gbps link, > 20Tb of traffic per month)
- http://schlach.com - german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
- http://zone.webgarden.cz - Czech blog/templated free web hosting. 350 req/s daily average, 5MB/s daily average. Debian etch, lighty trunk serving static content + 4x php backends.
- http://www.dlnet.org - Web hosting provider located in the UK (Lighttpd + Debian).
- https://www.imagesocket.com - Image hosting platform powered by Lighttpd and FreeBSD.
- http://simple-webhosting.eu - European web hosting provider
Large content servers (ie. mirrors)¶
- http://mirror.inode.at/ - Opensource mirror (clamav, debian, fedora, gentoo, kernel, etc.) of austrian ISP. avg. 12req/s 7.7MiB/s
- http://www.lighttpd.net/ - 1-2 req/s :)