(gstrauss, 2021-07-15 14:45)
(gstrauss, 2021-07-15 16:33)
h1. Welcome to Lighttpd
"lighttpd":https://www.lighttpd.net/ is a secure, fast, compliant, and very flexible web-server that has been optimized for high-performance environments. It has a very low memory footprint compared to other webservers and takes care of cpu-load. Its advanced feature-set (FastCGI, CGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) make lighttpd the perfect webserver-software for every server that suffers load problems.
h2. Latest Release
* version:"1.4.59": 2021-02-02 - HTTP/2 enabled by default, mod_deflate zstd support, mod_ajp13 (new), bugfixes
h2. Get Lighttpd
* [[GetLighttpd|lighttpd binary packages]]
* [[InstallFromSource|lighttpd source code and build instructions]]
** [[TutorialConfiguration|Configuration: Quick Start]]
** [[Docs_Configuration|Configuration: File Syntax]]
** [[Docs_ConfigurationOptions|Configuration: Options]]
** [[Docs_SSL|Configuration: TLS/SSL]]
** [[DebugVariables|Configuration: Debug Variables]]
** IRC: "libera":https://libera.chat/, channel "#lighttpd":irc://irc.libera.chat/lighttpd
** "How to get help":https://redmine.lighttpd.net/boards/2/topics/5: tips for posting questions to the "Forums":https://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/boards/2
** [[HowToReportABug|How to report a bug]]
Please use the "lighttpd issue tracker":/projects/lighttpd/issues to report bugs in lighttpd (and *please direct questions to the "Forums":https://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/boards/2*)
If you feel that you should not make a bug report public, please send email to: security (at) lighttpd (dot) net
** FAQ: [[FrequentlyAskedQuestions|Frequently Asked Questions]]
** HOWTOS: [[HowTos|How to ...]]
** [[Docs_Performance|Performance]]: Performance and Optimization Information.
** [[Docs_PerformanceFastCGI|Optimizing FastCGI]]
** [[Docs_TrafficShaping|Traffic Shaping]]: Bandwidth limit options.
** [[Docs_MultiProcessor|Using SMP]]: Multiprocessor options and problems.
** [[Devel|Developer Reference]] (developing and coding)
* [[Docs|Documentation Overview]] (site map)
* "Simplify Your Configfiles with Includes":https://blog.lighttpd.net/articles/2005/11/25/simplify-your-configfiles-with-includes
* "lighttpd blog archives":https://blog.lighttpd.net/archives/
* IRC: "libera":https://libera.chat/, channel "#lighttpd":irc://irc.libera.chat/lighttpd
* CodeSnippets: "lighttpd section from CodeSnippets":http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/tag/lighttpd
* "Lighttpd related tips, howtos from the nixCraft":http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/category/lighttpd/
* "Lighttpd related tips, howtos from HowtoForge":http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/lighttpd/
* [[3rdPartySoftware|Other code contributions, extensions and useful tools]]
* [[AbsoLUAtion|Abso *lua* tion, or the power of Lighttpd + Lua: code-snippets, link-collection, small helpers or solutions]]
* "syntax file for vim":https://github.com/glensc/vim-syntax-lighttpd
* "A brief tutorial on Lighttpd MySQL Vhosts":http://www.thedotproduct.org/2010/06/vhost-config-from-sql-database-lighttpd-an-alternative-to-apache/
* Monitoring Lighttpd with Munin - "PyMunin":http://aouyar.github.com/PyMunin/ is a python module for developing Multigraph Monitoring Plugins for Munin and includes a plugin for Lighttpd.
Two full-fledged books covering lighttpd and Rails:
* "Lighttpd: The painless way":http://wiki.joyent.com/shared:kb:rails-with-lighttpd
* "Lighttpd by Andre Bogus | Packt Publishing, July 2008":http://www.packtpub.com/lighttpd/book
Never blindly trust us when we say that lighttpd is fast. Do your own benchmarks and feel for yourself how everything gets faster. If you just want to see some numbers, take a look at our benchmarks:
* our very own web-server shootout https://www.lighttpd.net/benchmark/
* Apache is sometimes better http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2005/06/24/debunking-lighttpd
This wiki is open for everyone to provide help, grow and improve!
* [[PoweredByLighttpd|PoweredByLighttpd]] - *a list of large sites running lighttpd*
* [[PromotionalArtwork|Promotional Artwork]]