Powered By lighttpd¶
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day.
If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Please include traffic (requests/s) details.
- you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here.
- include the req/s or req/day you get and put yourself into the corresponding category.
- add yourself in alphabetic order based on the domain name (without www.).
- don't disguise your server-tag, say yes to lighty! :-)
- do NOT make it sound like advertising, keep it technical
more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)¶
- http://www.phpbb8.de/ - Huge german free forum hosting system, with more than 20,000 hosting forums. (>200req/s, 7 MB/s, Lighttpd on Debian 5)
- http://fapomatic.com/ - Huge adult image host. One of the first image hosts to convert to lighty from apache and love it.
- http://www.gesichterparty.de - German community, 250,000 users. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
- http://www.olhares.com/ - Photographers online community using lighttpd as a standalone image server with 150-300 req/s.
- http://rapidok.com - file search engine, ~60-80s req/s, Lighttpd+FreeBSD+MySQL+php 5.3.3
- http://www.osloskop.net/ - one of the largest eMule/eDonkey/Overnet sites. 100 req/s on a Celeron 2.4GHz 512MB RAM
- http://schlach.com - german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
- http://www.skins.be - Celebrity Wallpaper Site. Using Lighttpd 1.5 (gamin) + PHP5.3.3 (php-fpm/xcache) ~150 req/s with peaks of 250 req/s (setup questions? email@example.com)
- http://www.thestocksprofit.com/ - Technical Analysis and Hot stock picks for worldwide exchange markets in 40 languages, ~100 req/s on peaks, Apache2 + FastCGI + MySQL + Lighttpd for static content (images, js, css, xml feeds).
- http://untz.ca - Toronto-based community site, records 300-500 hits/s using load-balanced FastCGI.
- http://zone.webgarden.cz - Czech blog/templated free web hosting. 350 req/s daily average, 5MB/s daily average. Debian etch, lighty trunk serving static content + 4x php backends.
- http://SeoHost.us - SEO Web hosting provider located in USA
- http://www.1ago.be - Web hosting provider located in Belgium and Netherlands.
- http://www.cretaforce.gr - Premium web hosting provider located in Greece (Lighttpd + FreeBSD)
- http://www.dlnet.org - Web hosting provider located in the UK (Lighttpd + Debian).
- http://simple-webhosting.eu - European web hosting provider
Large content servers (ie. mirrors)¶
- http://ftp.df.lth.se - OpenSource mirror with over 11TB content running FreeBSD. Avg.: 80req/s, 300Mbps and Peak: 300req/s and 1Gbps.
- http://mirror.dkm.cz/ - Opensource mirror (ooo,mandriva,ubuntu,gentoo,freebsd,debian,sabayon,etc.) of czech ISP. Running gentoo, lighty trunk with mod_mem_cache. avg. 9req/s, 13MiB/s, peaking 45req/s, 65MiB/s.
- http://mirror.inode.at/ - Opensource mirror (clamav, debian, fedora, gentoo, kernel, etc.) of austrian ISP. avg. 12req/s 7.7MiB/s
- http://www.lighttpd.net/ - 1-2 req/s :)
- http://en.wlmp-project.net/ - LightTPD based Webserver Package and LightTPD webserver for Windows Systems.
- http://www.kevinworthington.com/tag/lighttpd/ - Fedora and RHEL/CentOS version of Lighttpd. (Original Older Windows builds too)
- http://www.lighty2go.com/ - A (Win32) portable LiMP Stack on a Stick...