Huge memory allocation using SSL with webdav
ASK QUESTIONS IN Forums:
I'm using the lighttpd mod_webdav over SSL. When I transfer big files (about 100~200 MByte) to the webdav-server lighttpd allocates very much memory.
As I looked through the source I have seen that there is a loop in connections.c which reads as much data as possible from the SSL-Socket before the request is written to tempfiles on disk. In my case this means that the whole file was read into memory in this loop.
I have made a very small change which resolves my problem. The loop is left either when no more data is read from SSL or 5 MByte data is read. Now the memory consumption is much lower than before.
Updated by stbuehler over 14 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.4.20 to 1.4.21
Updated by icy about 14 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.4.21 to 1.4.22
- Pending set to No
- Patch available set to Yes
Updated by stbuehler about 14 years ago
- Target version changed from 1.4.22 to 1.4.23
Updated by stbuehler almost 14 years ago
- Status changed from New to Fixed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset r2480.
Also available in: Atom