= Powered By lighttpd =
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day. If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Include traffic and hardware details if you so desire.
Please follow a few rules when you add your site:
- you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here
- include the req/s or req/day your get and put yourself into the corresponding category
- add yourself in a alphabetic order based on the TLD
more than 100mio req/day (or 1000 req/s)
- The largest danish soccer community site with news, statistics and livescore. Peaks around 3000 req/s on game day.
- the most comprehensive bittorrent search engine. ~8 million unique visitors per month, 550-1300 req/s
- Layer advertising, ~2500-3000 req/s (average)
- Number 1 torrent site, according to Alexa. ~1000-1700+ req/s ([http://www.mininova.org/stats/graphs/
- Nine web servers using Lighttpd as a front-end to a single dedicated database/PHP server. Each lighttpd server averages 300/400rps.
- One of the most popular one-click web hosters, tens of terabytes a day. Alexa 100.
- The most famous video sharing site in the world.
- Uses LigHTTPD for all file servers, over 2000 req/s at any given time.
more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)
- Adult Fun site with competitions and streaming videos. Using Lighty for all FLV and thumbnail requests...
- Largest cooking page in german language. 500-1000 req/s, 2 million users, 25 million PI per month. Lighttpd on Debian.
- Chinese book/movie/music/blog/travel related social network site, serving 12 million hits/day (and counting) from one basic gentoo server.
- Mirror site for tech news site digg.com
- a social networking site with ~30K users online
- The UK's largest independent technology retailer, our image servers run Lighttpd on Debian. (100-200req/s)
- Web 2.0 Spreadsheet application featuring real-time-update of spreadsheet data
- Emedian Network - Central European Hosting/Community-Company, Using Lighty now on approx. half of the Servers
- Huge gaming and trading forums - primary focused around Diablo II
- Largest polish technology site, all static content done by Lighttpd 100-200req/s. Lighttpd on Debian.
- German Web 2.0 community, 3.4 million users, 150 million PI per month. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
-Gnosis On line .
- Serving over 20 million images per day, powered by a farm of servers running Lighttpd! (200+req/s)
- Free, fast and friendly image host powered by FreeBSD, Lighttpd, MySQL and PHP.
- serving 350,000 active e-mail users, as well as a banner server serving 10,000,000 banners per day.
- multi-protocol web IM
- 200 - 500 hits/s per host for static contents, like css, gif, cab and xml files.
- serves 35 million dynamic requests per day to an array of php servers
- DivX Subtitles open db. cca 100 req/s, FreeBSD, 2 servers yet
- Imageserver for german lifestyle-community, lighttpd on debian, peaks with 1000 req/s
- 10 million hits/day
- one of Sweden's most popular social-networking websites (~1000-4000 req/s). Lighttpd on Debian.
- 1000th most popular site on Alexa
- german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
- World Famous Smileys Community in german language. >> 200-300req/s
- alexa top 100
- German Gamesite ~100 req/s
- ~200 req/s
- Toronto-based community site, records 300-500 hits/s using load-balanced FastCGI.
- Upload site for wikipedia, wikimedia, etc.
- large wiki farm, >> 100 req/s
- German fun-website with a lot of funny quotes and jokes
- Largest Smilies page in german language. 100-200 req/s, 3 million users. Lighttpd on Debian.
- Number 1 torrent site in Brazil, according to Alexa.
more than 1mio req/day (or 10 req/s)
- BF2142 Stats page. About 40-50 req/s, up to 2M req per day. Split on 2 servers with Lighty.
- Static content handling
- Social networking site using Lighty as image server.
- serving 1,500,000 banner exposes per day.
- 1 million hits/day
- Largest Saudi Newspaper, ~25 req/s FreeBSD 6.1, 1GB RAM.
- Spanish BitTorrent site, ~30 req/s, 200k users. Powered by FreeBSD on a Dual Xeon.
- Durring sales events on another retailer, I average 50 req/s, and peak around 200+. All this on a VPS with 1.5 gig ram and 1/6 share of a dual xeon server!
- funny quotes. average ~15req/s
- Usenet search engine indexing binary content. Lighttpd / PHP / custom C++ FastCGI application.
- ~2M hits/day. Lighttpd/mysql/eaccelerator/php - Dual pIII 1.27GHz/2GB ram - Zero workload.
- Static content handling
- Global Travelportal using Lighttp, fastcgi php and solr for searchindexing
- A gangster MMORPG serving about 1.500.000 dynamic pages each day. (700GB/month)
- German householdtricks
- A 3D Software Company who host a number of subsites all on lighty. (averages ~75 req/s has spiked to over 800mbit/sec of downloads upon new software releases)
- Local Community in Basle/Switzerland. lighty/php/apc/mysql on Dual Xeon/4GB RAM for php (800GB/month, 3.2Mpages/day). 2 machines for images, each Athlon/2GB RAM (2.3TB/month combined).
- Free Image Hosting. Lighttpd/php/mysql/xcache. average 35req/s , over 3 million req/day .
- MMORPG Polish forum. ~1M hits/day
- Static / image content handling
- German cooking Page in german language.
- NSFW Video Streaming Site featuring South Asian Content
- US local business directory. ~2.5M hits/day.
- Large free profile page (in dutch), pushes out some 10Gb a day with peaks to 50 reqs/s, mostly static pictures
- French Anime Torrents Site ~4M req/day - Debian / Lighttpd / eAccelerator / MySQL / PHP
- German Community running lighttpd + fast-cgi php5 on 6 servers
- Polish price comparison engine. ~50 req/s - Debian + Lighttpd 1.5 + PHP
- one of the largest eMule/eDonkey/Overnet sites. 3 000 000 hits per day on a Celeron 2.4GHz 512MB RAM
- Powered by a diskless FreeBSD 6.0 Server.
- Slackware Linux / Lighttpd / MySQL / PHP / Zend Optimizer on a Supermicro server - handles ~ 1.9 million hits/day (22 req/s)
- German photo community for royalty free images, Linux / LightTPD / MySQL / PHP, ~3.5M req/day, ~40 req/s
- The single Hosting server for Register4less handles 15req/s (~ 1.3M req/day) using a custom Plugin for Lighty.
art reproductions and photography (Germany)
- 15 req/s (mostly dynamic content), ~150GB/day. Debian & CentOS powered.
- In front of Rails farm for NYC real estate search site.
- International eSports Community, up to 30 req/s dynamic php content (just switched from Apache to Lighttpd, everything works fine)
- Techno Radio Community. ~11 req/s
- flash game`s portal. ~3M hits/day
- A BitTorrent tracker from Republic of Moldova what serve ~200.000 hits per hour, ~90 req/s
- the best torrent indexer!
- Toy Store running on a FreeBSD cluster with Lighttpd, Memcached and MySQL.
- One of the most thriving and interesting online print and poster retailer providing framed posters, art prints, fine art prints
- 160,000 active users and 2.8 million dynamic page views per day
- Flash gaming portal, ~4M hits/day (65% swf, 30% php), 30-40 dynamic req/s peaktime
- German Cheats Site ~11 req/s
- WLMP Project (LightTPD based Webserver Package) / LightTPD for Windowss
- Windows version of Lighttpd running the same.
- 1-2 req/s :)