(nitrox, 2013-09-15 16:22)
(petedipl, 2013-09-19 09:23)
h1. Powered By lighttpd
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day.
If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Please include traffic (requests/s) details.
Please follow a few rules when you add your site:
* you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here.
* include the req/s or req/day you get and put yourself into the corresponding category.
* add yourself in **alphabetic order** based on the domain name (without www.).
* don't disguise your server-tag, say yes to lighty! :-)
* do NOT make it sound like advertising, keep it technical
h1. more than 100mio req/day (or 1000 req/s)
* http://eztv.it - One of the largest bittorrent sites related to tv shows. peaks over 2000 req/s
* http://isohunt.com/ - The most comprehensive bittorrent search engine. ~8 million unique visitors per month, 550-1300 req/s http://www.portedeurope.org
* http://www.myspace.com - Using Lighttpd to serve up user's uploaded photos
* http://thepiratebay.org/ - One of the most popular bittorrent sites. 1400 req/s avg. spread among several servers
* http://www.tube8.com/ - Adult site with streaming videos. Uses lighttpd for thumbnail images and videos. Thumbnail server alone is 3+ kreq/s
* http://www.zshare.net - Uses LigHTTPD for all file servers, over 2000 req/s at any given time
h1. more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)
* http://www.allkpop.com/ - The largest English-language Korean music and celebrity news site (200-400 req/s)
* http://www.argentinawarez.com/ - Spanish open community, Using Lighttpd + PHP + XCache as frontend for high traffic dynamic and static content. (around ~300-500 req/s, ~16 MB/s, Alexa <2k, Lighttpd on CentOS 5.)
* http://www.chefkoch.de - Largest cooking page in german language. 500-1000 req/s, 2 million users, 25 million PI per month. Lighttpd on Debian.
* http://www.datecafe.co.il - A dating website.
* http://www.douban.com/ - Chinese book/movie/music/blog/events related social network site, serving 35 million hits/day (and counting) from one simple gentoo server.
* http://www.phpbb8.de/ - Huge german free forum hosting system, with more than 20,000 hosting forums. (>200req/s, 7 MB/s, Lighttpd on Debian 5)
* http://www.ebuyer.com - The UK's largest independent technology retailer, our image servers run Lighttpd on Debian. (100-200req/s)
* http://www.editgrid.com/ - Web 2.0 Spreadsheet application featuring real-time-update of spreadsheet data
* http://www.emocore.se/ - Swedish music and clothing community (Alternative music such as EMO/Screamo and fashioncore.) ~100req/s. Lighttpd on a HP DL145 G3 serving all static files.
* http://esports.lv/ - Latvian national sports portal - video broadcasting, video reviews, galleries, reviews.
* http://fapomatic.com/ - Huge adult image host. One of the first image hosts to convert to lighty from apache and love it.
* http://forums.d2jsp.org/ - Huge international gaming and trading forums - social network primarily focused around Diablo II (over 600req/s)
* http://www.frazpc.pl - Largest polish technology site, all static content done by Lighttpd 100-200req/s. Lighttpd on Debian.
* http://www.gesichterparty.de - German community, 250,000 users. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
* http://www.ichflirt.de - German Flirt Community, Debian with custom patched Lighttpd + FastCGI PHP5
* http://www.imagesocket.com - Free, fast and friendly image host powered by FreeBSD, Lighttpd, MySQL and PHP.
* http://inbox.lv/ - serving 350,000 active e-mail users, as well as a banner server serving 10,000,000 banners per day.
* http://www.jeuxdecartes.net - Chat & games (french) - ~100 req/s
* http://www.kickasstorrents.com/ - Fast growing torrent search engine. Alexa <3k, ~200 req/s, ~2.5 MB/s, ~15M req per day.
* http://www.kuso.cc/ - The Short URL System, > 100 000 users, > 500 req/s, Lighttpd with own shorturl module, MySQL, PHP.
* http://www.laneros.com - Spanish technological community. Lighttpd on Debian.
* http://www.lua.pl/ - free web hosting with Email, PHP5 & MySQL5, >25000 virtual servers (phpBB2&3,PHP Fusion,Joomal etc) About 55-130 req/s. Debian + Lighttpd 1.4.18 + own modules for ads insertion & dynamic hosts
* http://www.maniatorrent.org - Brazilian BitTorrent site - CentOS - 80~110 req/sec
* http://www.meebo.com - multi-protocol web IM
* http://itv.mop.com/ - 200 - 500 hits/s per host for static contents, like css, gif, cab and xml files.
* http://www.narutoproject.com/ - Number 1 anime site in South America. Top 100 in Brazil according to Alexa.
* http://www.nexopia.com/ - serves 35 million dynamic requests per day to an array of php servers
* http://www.olhares.com/ - Photographers online community using lighttpd as a standalone image server with 150-300 req/s.
* http://www.oiegg.com - 70s req/s
* http://rapidok.com - file search engine, ~60-80s req/s, Lighttpd+FreeBSD+MySQL+php 5.3.3
* http://www.opensubtitles.org - DivX Subtitles open db. cca 100 req/s, FreeBSD, 2 servers yet
* http://www.osloskop.net/ - one of the largest eMule/eDonkey/Overnet sites. 100 req/s on a Celeron 2.4GHz 512MB RAM
* http://www.pokebip.com/ - the most popular pokémon website in France (over 10 millions req/day) for both static and dynamic content
* http://www.pokemondeluge.com/ - a web based pokemon rpg (between 20-30mil req/day) serves both static and dynamic content
* http://proxylist.co/ - Proxy List with it's own proxy test engines - 75-110 req/s. 65K Alexa
* http://www.rapidshare.net/ - A big RapidShare Search Engine with ~150 req/s.
* http://reddit.com/ - 1000th most popular site on Alexa
* http://rockz.com/ - Chat community for young people, using lighty on a cluster of webservers serving about 50M hits/day
* http://rongbay.com/ - the largest classifieds of Vietnam. Using Lighty on Centos to serve images. ( ~600req /s)
* http://schlach.com - german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
* http://www.social-bookmark-script.de/ - popular social bookmark script, peaks with 1100+ req/s ("stats URL":http://www.social-bookmark-script.de/serverauslastung.htm).
* http://sourceforge.net - alexa top 100
* http://www.skins.be - Celebrity Wallpaper Site. Using Lighttpd 1.5 (gamin) + PHP5.3.3 (php-fpm/xcache) ~150 req/s with peaks of 250 req/s (setup questions? email@example.com)
* http://www.thestocksprofit.com/ - Technical Analysis and Hot stock picks for worldwide exchange markets in 40 languages, ~100 req/s on peaks, Apache2 + FastCGI + MySQL + Lighttpd for static content (images, js, css, xml feeds).
* http://www.techno4ever.net - Techno Radio Community. ~105 req/s
* http://www.torrentreactor.to - ~200 req/s
* http://untz.ca - Toronto-based community site, records 300-500 hits/s using load-balanced FastCGI.
* http://www.upzilla.net - File hosting and streaming video, audio, photo, and document
* http://zone.webgarden.cz - Czech blog/templated free web hosting. 350 req/s daily average, 5MB/s daily average. Debian etch, lighty trunk serving static content + 4x php backends.
* http://www.wikidot.com - Wiki hosting service
* http://upload.wikimedia.org/ - Upload site for wikipedia, wikimedia, etc.
* http://winfuture.de/ - german windows online magazine, ~275 req/s
* http://www.yourbittorrent.com/ - Torrent Search Engine with ~150 req/s.
* http://www.yigg.de - german social news community (digg like) with 50M pageviews per month
* http://www.tamtay.vn - vietnamese social network (h5.com like) with 50M pageviews per month. Using Lighty for all FLV and image requests...
h1. webhosting providers
* http://SeoHost.us - SEO Web hosting provider located in USA
* http://www.1ago.be - Web hosting provider located in Belgium and Netherlands.
* http://www.cretaforce.gr - Premium web hosting provider located in Greece (Lighttpd + FreeBSD)
* http://www.dlnet.org - Web hosting provider located in the UK (Lighttpd + Debian).
* http://www.euroland.it - Hosting/vps server provider Italy.
* http://www.kinghost.com.br - Web hosting provider located in Brazil
* http://www.leoneo.com - Web hosting provider located in China.
* http://www.lighthost.co.il - Web hosting provider located in Israel.
* http://simple-webhosting.eu - European web hosting provider
h1. Large content servers (ie. mirrors)
* http://ftp.df.lth.se - OpenSource mirror with over 11TB content running FreeBSD. Avg.: 80req/s, 300Mbps and Peak: 300req/s and 1Gbps.
* http://mirror.dkm.cz/ - Opensource mirror (ooo,mandriva,ubuntu,gentoo,freebsd,debian,sabayon,etc.) of czech ISP. Running gentoo, lighty trunk with mod_mem_cache. avg. 9req/s, 13MiB/s, peaking 45req/s, 65MiB/s.
* http://mirror.inode.at/ - Opensource mirror (clamav, debian, fedora, gentoo, kernel, etc.) of austrian ISP. avg. 12req/s 7.7MiB/s
h1. lighttpd specific
* http://www.lighttpd.net/ - 1-2 req/s :)
* http://en.wlmp-project.net/ - LightTPD based Webserver Package and LightTPD webserver for Windows Systems.
* http://www.kevinworthington.com/tag/lighttpd/ - Fedora and RHEL/CentOS version of Lighttpd. (Original Older Windows builds too)
* http://www.lighty2go.com/ - A (Win32) portable LiMP Stack on a Stick...