(gstrauss, 2017-02-02 22:59)
(al, 2017-03-27 16:58)
h1. Powered By lighttpd
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day.
If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Please include traffic (requests/s) details.
Please follow a few rules when you add your site:
* you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here.
* include the req/s or req/day you get and put yourself into the corresponding category.
* add yourself in **alphabetic order** based on the domain name (without www.).
* don't disguise your server-tag, say yes to lighty! :-)
* do NOT make it sound like advertising, keep it technical
h1. more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)
* https://api.alitools.io/ - API for assistant on AliExpress, use Lighttpd (mod_proxy+balancing) (> 500 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS)
* https://domainparking.ru/ - Domain parking service (4% (3% of all domains RUNet), use Lighttpd + PHP-FPM (> 350 330 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS) 14.04LTS)
* http://www.fiuxy.com/ - Large forum using CloudFlare as reverse proxy with Lighttpd + PHP-FPM + XCache as backend (>160req/s, 12 MB/s, CentOS 7)
* http://www.gesichterparty.de - German community, 250,000 users. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
* http://www.olhares.com/ - Photographers online community using lighttpd as a standalone image server with 150-300 req/s.
* http://www.osloskop.net/ - one of the largest eMule/eDonkey/Overnet sites. 100 req/s on a Celeron 2.4GHz 512MB RAM
* http://www.phpbb8.de/ - Huge german free forum hosting system, with more than 20,000 hosting forums. (>200req/s, 7 MB/s, Lighttpd on Debian 5)
* http://schlach.com - german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
* http://www.thestocksprofit.com/ - Technical Analysis and Hot stock picks for worldwide exchange markets in 40 languages, ~100 req/s on peaks, Apache2 + FastCGI + MySQL + Lighttpd for static content (images, js, css, xml feeds).
* http://untz.ca - Toronto-based community site, records 300-500 hits/s using load-balanced FastCGI.
* http://zone.webgarden.cz - Czech blog/templated free web hosting. 350 req/s daily average, 5MB/s daily average. Debian etch, lighty trunk serving static content + 4x php backends.
h1. webhosting providers
* http://SeoHost.us - SEO Web hosting provider located in USA
* http://www.1ago.be - Web hosting provider located in Belgium and Netherlands.
* http://www.cretaforce.gr - Premium web hosting provider located in Greece (Lighttpd + FreeBSD)
* http://www.dlnet.org - Web hosting provider located in the UK (Lighttpd + Debian).
* http://simple-webhosting.eu - European web hosting provider
h1. Large content servers (ie. mirrors)
* http://ftp.df.lth.se - OpenSource mirror with over 11TB content running FreeBSD. Avg.: 80req/s, 300Mbps and Peak: 300req/s and 1Gbps.
* http://mirror.dkm.cz/ - Opensource mirror (ooo,mandriva,ubuntu,gentoo,freebsd,debian,sabayon,etc.) of czech ISP. Running gentoo, lighty trunk with mod_mem_cache. avg. 9req/s, 13MiB/s, peaking 45req/s, 65MiB/s.
* http://mirror.inode.at/ - Opensource mirror (clamav, debian, fedora, gentoo, kernel, etc.) of austrian ISP. avg. 12req/s 7.7MiB/s
h1. lighttpd specific
* http://www.lighttpd.net/ - 1-2 req/s :)