(avij, 2018-04-03 08:12)
(AlekseyKorzun, 2018-07-15 14:02)
h1. Powered By lighttpd
Here are some sites that are using lighttpd to serve millions of pages every day.
If you run such a site, feel free to add it. Please include traffic (requests/s) details.
Please follow a few rules when you add your site:
* you have to control the site or have to have the permission of the owner to name it here.
* include the req/s or req/day you get and put yourself into the corresponding category.
* add yourself in **alphabetic order** based on the domain name (without www.).
* don't disguise your server-tag, say yes to lighty! :-)
* do NOT make it sound like advertising, keep it technical
h1. more than 10mio req/day (or 100 req/s)
* https://api.alitools.io/ - API for assistant on AliExpress, use Lighttpd (mod_proxy+balancing) (> 500 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS)
* https://domainparking.ru/ - Domain parking service (4% of all domains RUNet), use Lighttpd + PHP-FPM (> 350 req/s, 1Gbps link, Ubuntu 16.04LTS)
* http://www.gesichterparty.de - German community, 250,000 users. Lighttpd on Ubuntu.
* http://www.olhares.com/ - Photographers online community using lighttpd as a standalone image server with 150-300 req/s.
* http://www.phpbb8.de/ - Huge german free forum hosting system, with more than 20,000 hosting forums. (>200req/s, 7 MB/s, Lighttpd on Debian 5)
* http://schlach.com - german online community with about 80,000 users and 12 million hits/day
* http://zone.webgarden.cz - Czech blog/templated free web hosting. 350 req/s daily average, 5MB/s daily average. Debian etch, lighty trunk serving static content + 4x php backends.
h1. webhosting providers
* http://www.dlnet.org - Web hosting provider located in the UK (Lighttpd + Debian).
* https://www.imagesocket.com - Image hosting platform powered by Lighttpd and FreeBSD.
* http://simple-webhosting.eu - European web hosting provider
h1. Large content servers (ie. mirrors)
* http://mirror.inode.at/ - Opensource mirror (clamav, debian, fedora, gentoo, kernel, etc.) of austrian ISP. avg. 12req/s 7.7MiB/s
h1. lighttpd specific
* http://www.lighttpd.net/ - 1-2 req/s :)