server.kbytes-per-second not working in 1.5
Yeah, I know 1.5 isn't supported.. I just wanted to through out this possible bug in it.
I have server.kbytes-per-second = 50 in my config; I can easily hit 400 KB/s off a non-local connection, even though I set that constant and killed and reran lighttpd.
Updated by nitrox almost 10 years ago
I meant "Need Feedback" last time, sorry for that.
Server.kbytes-per-second is not that reliable, some connections might not get the attention they deserve but that shouldn´t result in more bandwidth than specified. On the other hand i get results within the range of 100-260 kbytes/s on my server if i set it to 50, this isn´t as exact as you might want it, but a good start.
Outgoing can always be limited very fine-grained via iptables, incoming is a little more tricky.
Also available in: Atom