netbsd meson build fix
- this is a pure meson issue, cmake and autoconf builds work fine.
- mostly little misdetections.
- patch done out of personal/gstrauss/master branch.
Updated by gstrauss about 1 year ago
- Category set to build_cmake
- Status changed from New to Patch Pending
- Target version changed from 1.4.xx to 1.4.64
Turns out there are some issues with meson detection and confusion with builtins, which for some compilers are always provided, even when not present on a platform. The workaround appears to be to use
prefix with an include:
conf_data.set('HAVE_MEMPCPY', compiler.has_function('mempcpy', args: defs, prefix: '#include <string.h>')
If that is not enough, then this might be:
conf_data.set('HAVE_MEMPCPY', compiler.has_function('mempcpy', args: defs, prefix: '#include <string.h>') and compiler.has_header_symbol('string.h', 'mempcpy', args: defs))
As for libdl, some systems such as NetBSD and OpenBSD have
dlopen in libc, not libdl so the meson build fix is to avoid making presence of libdl a requirement.
Also available in: Atom