Welcome to Lighttpd¶
- Table of contents
- Welcome to Lighttpd
lighttpd (pronounced /lighty/) is a secure, fast, compliant, and very flexible web server that has been optimized for high-performance environments. lighttpd uses memory and CPU efficiently and has lower resource use than other popular web servers. Its advanced feature-set (FastCGI, CGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and much more) make lighttpd the perfect web server for all systems, small and large.
- 1.4.73: 2023-10-30 HTTP/2 detect and log rapid reset attack
- Please read through Configuration and Reference documentation below.
- Please try using the Search box in the upper right part of this page.
- IRC: libera, channel #lighttpd
- How to get help: tips for posting questions to the Forums
- How to report a bug
Please use the lighttpd issue tracker to report bugs in lighttpd (and please direct questions to the Forums)
If you feel that you should not make a bug report public, please send email to: security (at) lighttpd (dot) net
- Developer Reference (developing and coding)
- Documentation Overview (site map)
- Abso lua tion, or the power of Lighttpd + Lua: code-snippets, link-collection, small helpers or solutions
- Monitoring Lighttpd with Munin - PyMunin is a python module for developing Multigraph Monitoring Plugins for Munin and includes a PyMunin plugin for lighttpd
- Lighttpd related tips, howtos from HowtoForge
- Other code contributions, extensions and useful tools
- syntax file for vim
- CodeSnippets: lighttpd section from CodeSnippets
- Lighttpd by Andre Bogus | Packt Publishing, July 2008
Benchmarks¶Never blindly trust us when we say that lighttpd is fast. Do your own benchmarks and feel for yourself how everything gets faster. If you just want to see some numbers, take a look at our benchmarks:
- our very own web-server shootout https://www.lighttpd.net/benchmark/
- Apache is sometimes better http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2005/06/24/debunking-lighttpd
This wiki is open for everyone to provide help, grow and improve!